It looks like we will be on lockdown for two weeks starting December 26th. That’s ok. We have your back. We have been here already once and we have learned. We have learned what works and what doesn’t when it comes to staying fit from home. We are ready this time to transition seamlessly to virtual fitness for as long as we need to. Our hopes are we are back on January 11th. Classes are still running regularly until further notice.
Holidays can be stressful enough as is. Now add in the fact you cannot see those you care about or be around friends. You will soon be in lockdown and cannot go anywhere except the grocery store and maybe work. Days are shorter, the sun is out less. It’s not easy. That is why now is the most important time to take care of yourself. Do it for you, not for anyone else. Exercise can change your life, it can make your day more productive, it can change your mood and your mindset. Take advantage of this tool. It is now easier than ever to get help and to stay fit from home. We didn’t leave you hanging in March and we won’t this time either.
What you need to do:
1) If you have been coming to the gym, then get to the gym every day this week until we can no longer!
2) Expect to hear form us to help you set up an action plan for the next two weeks. If you don’t, then please reach out. Email or call us. We want to help, it’s our job.
3) Have a plan for the next two weeks. Write it out. Schedule it in your calendar. Know exactly what you need to do each day.
4) Decide if you want to do virtual one on one personal training, online coaching, online zoom classes or just have your own workouts planned out to do.
5) Have someone who is keeping you accountable. A friend, a spouse, a coach.
6) Don’t miss a workout. Be consistent.
7) If your nutrition needs work get it dialled in or ask for help.
What virtual options work the best?
1) Zoom Personal Training – Get the one on one personal training experience from the comfort of your home. Nothing different from our in studio PT except that we are behind a screen. We are still coaching you through every aspect of the workout!
2) Online coaching – online coaching includes workouts tailored for you based on your goals, equipment availability and personal limitations. You get workouts personalized for you to do from the comfort of your home along with a coach who will be checking in with you frequently to keep you accountable. Most people see better results with this coaching then zoom classes.
3) Zoom classes– Zoom class attendance drops after a few weeks all across the fitness industry. Although those with equipment at home such as bikes, dumbbells and kettlebells tend to stick to classes longer than those without equipment. There are a few people who can stay committed to these types of workouts but 80% of people will fall off after a few weeks.
We are in the coaching business. You joined RAM because you wanted change and you were not getting it doing it on your own or at the “globo” gym. We are in this with you and we are here to keep you accountable to making yourself better. In March many people said I will wait until the gym opens again. That turned into a six month wait that negatively affected many people’s fitness and mental health. Let’s not make the same mistake this time. Be consistent, stay committed and get 1% better every day! We are here to show you the way just follow us.
Book a check in call HERE to build your plan.