For many, lockdown has its challenges. Lockdown has an effect on many peoples physical and mental health. It is easy to get caught up in all the negative media and not being able to see friends and family. You must now make an effort to create positivity in your day.
Here are a few simple ways to do just that.
1) Exercise daily. Get your exercise in every day. This doesn’t mean everyday has to be a high intensity workout, but at least get outside and walk or jog. Exercise will help you feel good and get the endorphins flowing that will help you keep a positive mind.
2) Get outside daily. With lockdown and winter happening all at once it is a recipe for negativity and depression. One easy way to help with this is to get outside daily. Do this during your exercise or just for a walk down the street. Getting fresh air will help you keep your mind clear.
3) Take a minute each day to think about or write down what you are grateful for. Each day, take some time for gratitude because there is so much we can be thankful for even in these hard times.
4) Avoid the news and social media. Most of mainstream media is negative. Yes, it is important to stay up to date, but get your information then get off. It is so easy to watch the news or scroll social media for hours. How is this helping you become better? It is not. Get the information you need then don’t go back until the next day. Limit the time you spend watching the news and looking at social media.
5) Workout. I said this already in tip one, but I truly feel starting your day with exercise will help you create a more positive and productive day. Get moving first thing in the morning!
Stay safe, stay active and make an effort to stay positive daily. It’s not easy but where the mind goes the body will follow. You decide which path you choose.
Book a free call here for more coaching.