You are ready to get in better shape! Great! Why is it many people start and don’t follow through? Because it is hard? Usually not. Because it isn’t fun? No, we all know workouts are going to be work. It’s because there are no clear goals and no plan in place!
Here is what to do:
1) Know exactly what it is you want. Set a specific goal. Example: Lose 10lbs and fit into your old jeans you wore three years ago.
2) Determine what you plan to give up to get what you want. Something will need to change to reach this goal. You may have to give up eating out twice a week. Maybe give up alcohol during the weekdays. Maybe it is giving up late nights so you can get up early and workout.
3) Establish a deadline. A definite date when you want to hit the goal. I will reach this goal by Dec 31,2020
4) Plan. Write out a plan. What must you do each week and day to get to your goal? Example: I will do strength training Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Cardio on Tuesday and Thursday. I will meal prep on Sunday and Wednesday evenings. I will start eating breakfast. I will have healthier snacks in the evening.
5) Clear and concise statement explaining 1,2,3 and 4. Example: I am going to lose 10lbs and fit back into my jeans I fit in three years ago. To do this I will have to give up staying up late so that I can workout in the morning. I will only drink alcohol on the weekends and I will start to eat breakfast and have healthier snacks in the evening. I am going to do my strength training Monday, Wednesday, Friday and cardio on Tuesday and Thursday. I will meal prep on Sunday and Wednesday evenings. I will start eating a nutritious breakfast and eat healthier snacks in the evening.
6) Read the above statement every morning and every evening.
The most important part, TAKE ACTION and write it all out! Then go DO IT everyday!
Book a FREE Goal Review Session HERE and let us help you build your plan to reaching your goal!